On Oct 16, 2007, at 16:16 , Bjorn Bringert wrote:

On Oct 16, 2007, at 2:25 , Don Stewart wrote:

jgbailey:
I am trying to parse various date and time formats using the parseTime function found in (GHC 6.6.1) Data.Time.Format. The one that is giving me
   trouble looks like this:

     2008-06-26T11:00:00.000-07:00

Specifically, the time zone offset isn't covered by the format parameters
   given. I can almost parse it with this:

     %FT%X.000

But that doesn't take into account the "-07:00" bit. I'm sure this has been solved - can someone point me to the solution? Thanks in advance.

Try %z

(see http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/time/ Data-Time-Format.html#v%3AformatTime for all the format specifiers).

Is there anything in the parsedate library?

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/ parsedate-2006.11.10 http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/parsedate/ 2006.11.10/doc/html/System-Time-Parse.html

-- Don

parsedate is obsolete, unless you have ghc < 6.6.1. It was rewritten to become what is now the date parsing code in the time package.

Hmm, perhaps I should clarify this: parsedate and time-1.1.1 (which comes with GHC 6.6.1) have different APIs. parsedate produces CalendarTimes, and the code in time-1.1.1 produces the new time and date data types. So I guess parsedate isn't actually obsolete, rather, it's for use with the package currently known as 'old-time'.

/Björn