Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
Personally I could also live with allowing no space between the minus sign and the number... If you leave a space, - becomes the subtract operator.

I once thought that... there was the opposition that (x-1) subtraction of a constant appears too often. And I found that I myself wrote that several times. And saying "whitespace on the left but not the right" seems too complicated for Haskell lexer semantics. So the current situation is just unhappy, that's all. (and maybe compiler warnings could still be implemented)

Isaac