Steven Fodstad wrote:

FWIW, other people feel about Haskell the way you feel about calculus
and the continuation monad, and your opinions of these other powerful,
but difficult, tools is what got you into this mess.

On the contrary, other people's misinterpretation of my opinions on these matters is what got me into this mess.

I could go into a lengthy explanation, but I'll probably just be misunderstood again. So let's leave it here.

academics don't like hearing that their life's work is useless.

Being positively surrounded by people who think Haskell is pointless, I certainly have I fair idea how that feels...