Felipe Lessa wrote:
On Dec 15, 2007 10:15 AM, Andrew Coppin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I suppose I could try writing a nop program and timing it.

Like [1]?

[1] http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=hello&lang=all

Right. Like that.

So now we have Don's timings for the Haskell program on his PC, Scott's timings for the C program on his PC, and the shootout's timings for a no-op Haskell program on their PC. I think what I need to do here is run a set of timings all on the same PC! ;-)

I'll probably use my laptop. It has SuSE Linux, so it should also have a C compiler. (Or if it doesn't, I can easily get one. But I'm pretty sure GHC pulls it in as a dependency.)

While I'm here, can somebody tell me the correct command to get a time and peak RAM usage printout for a program?