On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:39:25 +0200, Jonathan Cast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 27 Dec 2007, at 6:51 AM, Cristian Baboi wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:42:37 +0200, Bulat Ziganshin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Cristian,

Yes, but one can store the result of an operation to disk except in the
particular case the result happen to be a function.

how can values of type T be saved to disk?

I don't know. I'm a beginner in Haskell, and I down't know about T.
You mean they cannot ?
I was under the impression that the purpose of computers cannot be fulfiled if we cannot get the result of computations out of the computers.

Haskell is not a computer programming language; Haskell implementations are not required to run on computers. Haskell is a formal notation for computation (completely unrelated to the Von Neuman machine sitting on your desk). It can be implemented on Von Neuman machines, because they are still universal Turing machines, but it is /not/ a radical attack on the problem of programming peripherals!

I suppose it can run on pebbles.

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
 part000.txt - is OK
http://www.eset.com