On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:29:35 +0200, Wolfgang Jeltsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2008 10:54 schrieb Wilhelm B. Kloke:
Wolfgang Jeltsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> However, the fact that (0 / 0) == (0 / 0) yields False is quite shocking. > It doesn?t adhere to any meaningful axiom set for Eq. So I think that
> this behavior should be changed.  Think of a set implementation which
> uses (==) to compare set elements for equality. The NaN behavior would > break this implementation since it would allow for sets which contain NaN
> multiple times.

You forget, that the intention of NaN is denial of membership of any set of
numbers.

This doesn’t matter. The Set data type I’m talking about would not know about
NaN and would therefore allow multiple NaNs in a set.

This is a good thing because one can define natural numbers with such sets :-)

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
 part000.txt - is OK
http://www.eset.com