On 2008.01.19 17:30:50 +0000, Jon Harrop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled 0.2K
characters:

> Is it possible to get throwback of inferred types into Emacs or an IDE for
> Haskell?
>
> --
> Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd.

Sure. I once hacked together quite a while ago a little function for
haskell-mode which looked like:

,----
| (defun getHaskellFunctionTypeSignature ()
|   (interactive)
|   (progn
|     (setq file-name buffer-file-name)
|     (setq functionName (thing-at-point 'word))
|     (shell-command (concat "echo :t " functionName " | ghci -v0 -cpp
-fglasgow-exts -w " file-name "|grep " functionName) t)))
| (global-set-key "\C-c\l" 'getHaskellFunctionTypeSignature)
`----

And I think haskell-mode has a better way of doing things somewhere in its
inf-haskell.el.

--
gwern
Information II captain SAS BRLO unclassified of Audiotel Taiwan RSOC