On Jan 30, 2008, at 23:05 , Galchin Vasili wrote:

Hello,

       The signature for openFD is

openFd: FilePath
            -> OpenMode
            -> Maybe FileMode
            -> OpenFileFlags
            -> IO Fd

I am currently reading http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/ libraries/unix/System-Posix-Files.html and diving down into links but can't find the definition of data type FileMode. ??? Basically I want to open in O_RDONLY filemode.

That's an OpenMode, not a FileMode. The FileMode values are at the top of System-Posix-Files.html and correspond to Unix open()'s third argument. (ownerReadMode, etc.) OpenMode is documented at the start of http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/unix/System- Posix-IO.html .

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]