Hello,

John Lato wrote:
I was recently looking at the STM library, and I have a question about
the function "unsafeIOToSTM".  Can anyone explain to me what is unsafe
about it, and what sort of use would be considered "safe"?

it's unsafe to perform IO inside of a transaction as it can't be undone, when rolling it back. I guess, unsafeIOToSTM has been designed in order to allow us to inject debugging output into a transaction, but you really shouldn't use it to perform "real" IO (like writing files, etc.).

HTH - Stephan

--

Früher hieß es ja: Ich denke, also bin ich.
Heute weiß man: Es geht auch so.

 - Dieter Nuhr