On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:

Ganesh Sittampalam:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
Your are completely right. Unfortunately, superclass equalities (ie, the Id a ~ ida in the class declaration of Foo) aren't fully implemented yet.

OK, thanks. Is there any rough idea of when they will be?

It's high up on the list, but some other things like the interaction between GADTs and type families (basically done now) were higher up. If its important to you, I'd try to get to it earlier than if nobody is really waiting for it.

Well, I am waiting for it, but I'm not exactly desperate. There are also other things restricting me from a wholesale conversion from fundeps which I'll write up into questions on here over the next few days.

Cheers,

Ganesh