Hi Creighton,

Where could I find a good treatment on data vs. codata & the difference between well-founded recursion & well-founded(?) corecursion?

Bart Jacobs has some good papers on the subject. I found the draft of his book "Introduction to Coalgebra" quite good:

http://www.cs.ru.nl/B.Jacobs/CLG/JacobsCoalgebraIntro.pdf

Where could I find a proof that the initial algebras & final coalgebras of CPO coincide? I saw this referenced in the "Bananas.." paper as a fact, but am not sure where this comes from.

I couldn't find the statement you are referring to in "Functional Programming with Bananas, Lenses, Envelopes, and Barbed Wire" - but I'm not sure if this holds for every CPO. Having data and codata coincide is quite a curious property (I think it's sometimes called "algebraic compactness" - but don't quote me on this).

Hope this helps,

  Wouter