On 08/mag/08, at 08:59, Benjamin L. Russell wrote:
One hint that is not (at least to my knowledge) listed on haskell.org is that, according to at least one user (see "The Programmers’ Stone » Blog Archive » A First Haskell Experience" at http://the-programmers-stone.com/2008/03/04/a-first-haskell- experience/), the online tutorials can "confuse more than they illuminate."

Personally, I would recommend starting with one of the available books (see "Books - HaskellWiki" at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/ Books), instead. In particular, I would recommend one of the following titles:
[…]

What’s your opinion on Programming in Haskell by Graham Hutton. It is the first book about Haskell that I’ve read and wondering what could be the next one. Should I wait for Real world Haskell or do you think that the books you listed offer something new/different/more advanced than Programming in Haskell?

Thank you in advance
--
Giorgio Valoti