Reinier Lamers wrote:

Op 14-mei-2008, om 20:32 heeft Andrew Coppin het volgende geschreven:
Personally, I'd just like to be able to get rid of "->", "\" and other such hacks. Would it be possible to amend GHC so that it accepts "->" and [whatever the Unicode codepoint for "left arrow" is] and treats both the same?
I believe GHC already accepts "∀" instead of "forall", and some other Unicode neatness. However, you can't use "λ" for "\" because "λ" is a lowercase letter and thus valid in identifiers. So getting rid of "\" might be impossible even with Unicode.

Ooo... well spotted on that subtly edge case with lambda... Damn, that's just too bad. Using a backslash makes it look like a character escape or something. It's really quite ugly...