On 30/04/2008, at 5:32 PM, Malcolm Wallace wrote:

Peter Gammie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The most-recent darcs version relies on a newer ByteString than I
have, so it is not easy for me to test it.

I believe there was a patch to fix this. Apparently only one version of the bytestring package (0.9.0.1) ever exported the 'join' function, and a different version with the same number (but not exporting 'join') was
uploaded to Hackage!  'Join' has since been replaced by 'intercalate',
which is available in all versions 0.9.x.

Thanks. I don't doubt it works with a newer bytestring, I just can't readily use such a thing.

A recent (this year) darcs version failed to parse the DTD, yielding
this error:

I didn't try the full XHTML DTD, but the fragment you included in your
message was parsed just fine by the darcs version of HaXml/ DtdToHaskell.

Can you please try the full XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD? At the same time, can you verify that it handles this part of it properly (circa line 854):

<!ELEMENT table
     (caption?, (col*|colgroup*), thead?, tfoot?, (tbody+|tr+))>

Using a slightly hacked HaXml v1.13.3, I get this from DtdToHaskell:

data Table = Table Table_Attrs (Maybe Caption)
(OneOf2 [Col] [Colgroup]) (Maybe Thead) (Maybe Tfoot)
                   (OneOf2 (List1 Tbody) (List1 Tr))
           deriving (Eq,Show)

Element <table> should contain (caption?,(col*| colgroup*),thead?,tfoot?,(tbody+|tr+)) but does not.

Element <table> should contain (col*|colgroup*) but does not.

cheers
peter