It seems to me that if a PHP developer sees the Haskell community as a resource for advice on programming language implementation, we should take this as a compliment to the Haskell community. Repaying that compliment with "your language sucks rocks"

 strikes me as unwise.

I'm familiar with a lot of arguments for why PHP is a poorly-designed language, and have found them sufficiently persuasive that I haven't bothered to learn PHP. But I don't see any point to repeating those arguments on this list.

Paul: So, you've never bothered to learn PHP. Well, I happen to know the language very well and therefore feel I am in a good position to express my views about it. Unlike you, I don't base my judgment on rumours and hearsay. It is true that PHP fails to capture the spirit of the classical concept of a function. Type checking in PHP is equally poor. These are not just my opinions. Are we not to say anything critical about a programming language even if it happens to be substantively relevant lestwe should offend someone? God, if you want to stick up for your mates here at least come up with a convincing cover.
Paul