G'day.

Quoting "C.M.Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

However I saw no real argument for not having cyclic inclusions. You
say we shouldn't have to spend time writing hi-boot files, and yet you also think
that GHC should not do it automatically. So we have to restrict all
programmers to never writing cyclic inclusions?  :)

GHC generates .hi files for most modules automatically.  The only reason
why hi-boot files are needed for cyclic imports is because of the
possibility that you can't generate a .hi file from the module alone.  If
you could do that, then you could support cyclic imports without needing
hi-boot files.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage