brian wrote:
Here's an error the Haskell run-time system might throw:
*** Exception: Prelude.head: empty list
(or whatever)

So now what? Action plan = [].

http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/blog/2007/11/14

Thank you for the URL, but I'm aware of the work in GHC(i). As I've mentioned in my previous e-mail the tooling is definitely not on-par with something like Visual Studio, or perhaps Eclipse for Java. And by not on-par I mean it's miles away from the same level. Microsoft engineers have surely done a good job in the Visual Studio 2005 debugger and unfortunately Microsoft Research doesn't have the same resources to work on the Haskell debugger. Referring to the OP: if Haskell is ever to become a mainstream language (and I certainly hope it will!) an IDE and integrated visual debugger is a must. Until then, perhaps is better to be conservative when kicking on the C language, it has survived worse storms (and not because it's the better language).

Regards,
Niels