On 27 Aug 2008, at 10:39, Bayley, Alistair wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas Davie

        >   Much better efficiency in what way?

        instead of going through many levels of tree/trie,
lookup function will just select array element by hash value
and look through a few elements in assoc list:

        data HT a b = HT (a->Int)               -- hash function
                         (Array Int [(a,b)])

        HT.lookup (HT hash arr) a   =   List.lookup (arr!hash a) a

Which makes two assumptions.  One is that your array is big
enough (believable), and the other, that your font is big enough.

... and the other, that your font is big enough.

Que? This is lost on me. Care to explain?

Sorry, I probably should have sent that, it was a dig at the fact that the message was sent with all the text in font-size 930 or so.

Bob