Hi Bruce,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 15:03, Bruce Eckel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Multicore support is already "supported" in Python, if you use
>> multiprocessing, instead of multithreading.
>
> This is one of the reasons for my other question on this list, about
> whether you can solve all problems using multiple isolated processes
> with message passing.

Well, processing (the Python module) serves as a good example how
shared memory can be emulated through message passing. Of course,
performance takes a hit but since it is out there and being used by
people it should tell us that is really af feasible solution.

I guess the gist of the answers people posted to your question still
remains, the answer depends on if you consider performance as part of
the "power" of each approach.

Arnar