On Sep 29, 2008, at 15:49 , Andrew Coppin wrote:
Herein lies the problem: I have a program that accepts complete commands from a file and executes them. It works perfectly. And now I'd just like to set an environment variable while each command runs... But alas no, the only way to do that is with runProcess, which expects me to parse the command line first. (Before anybody remarks that "words" will do this, consider the "echo" command, which treats whitespace meaningfully.)

env FOO=bar mycommand ...

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]