Hi Cetin!

Glad to see at least one person trying my package :)

The error comes from using QuickCheck 2, which happens to also use the operator (><). I can see two ways to solve the problem:

(1) Add "< 2" after "QuickCheck" in the Wired.cabal file.

(2) Add "hiding ((><))" after "import Test.QuickCheck" in
Data/Hardware/Internal.hs

I guess this means you can't use cabal-install...?

Does anybody know the best way to avoid this problem without manual intervention? Or should I just require people to use QuickCheck 2?

PS. Cetin, please let me know if you have any questions regarding Wired. I'm slowly working on enhancing the library, and I'll soon upload a version with timing analysis and a DEF backend in.

/ Emil

Cetin Sert skrev:
Hi,

what is the best action to take if a package from hackage fails to build? Is there a recommended/established common way to deal with build failures/runtime bugs etc.?

For example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/Links/Elite/ac> cabal install wired
Resolving dependencies...
Downloading Wired-0.1.1...
Configuring Wired-0.1.1...
Preprocessing library Wired-0.1.1...
Building Wired-0.1.1...
[ 1 of 21] Compiling Data.Hardware.Internal ( Data/Hardware/Internal.hs, dist/build/Data/Hardware/Internal.o )

Data/Hardware/Internal.hs:198:15:
    Ambiguous occurrence `><'
It could refer to either `Data.Hardware.Internal.><', defined at Data/Hardware/Internal.hs:129:4 or `Test.QuickCheck.><', imported from Test.QuickCheck at Data/Hardware/Internal.hs:11:0-21
Wired-0.1.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

Regards,
CS