Thomas Schilling wrote:
Cabal-the-install-tool (package "cabal-install") is actually a
different program that sits on top of Cabal-the-library, and it is in
fact what really provides the real advantages.  Together with Hackage
this is what provides the killer feature of "cabal install foo",
however it relies on the building features and meta-data of Cabal.

As I understand it, that's also a seperate download. (Whereas the cabal library comes with GHC.)

One day, if I feel hard-core enough, I might try this tool. (Assuming it works on Windows...) It sounds potentially useful. (Although most actual packages typically have one, maybe two dependencies that aren't already installed, if that.)