On 2008 Dec 17, at 16:39, Andrew Coppin wrote:
So I keep hearing. Unfortunately, discovering what FRP actually *means* is more or less impossible. I can't find a precise definition of the term anywhere. There are a small handful

That would be because it's still very much an open area of research and nobody's quite sure what it covers.

The one-line answer would be "pure transformations of data structures based on passed-in events" --- but that's so general it describes most Haskell programs. One additional part is that it's also a function of time... but time can be just one of the events, or a separate factor.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu