Thank you. As it turns out, I was aware of that recipe. What I wanted was to be able to use cabal install's nice dependency following features and still get source links in my documentation.

Personally, I feel that inclusion of source and docs should be the DEFAULT for cabal, as well as for binary distributions of ghc.

-rhayes