Forgot to send this to the list.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:05:10 +0100, Max cs <max.cs.2...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

hi all, not sure if there is someone still working during holiday like me :
)

I got a little problem in implementing some operations on tree.

suppose we have a tree date type defined:

data Tree a = Leaf a | Branch (Tree a) (Tree a)

I want to do a concatenation on these tree just like the concat on list.
Anyone has idea on it? or there are some existing implementation?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

regards,
Max

Hi Max,

A simple way to do this:

module TreeConcat where

data Tree a = Leaf a | Branch (Tree a) (Tree a)
  deriving Show

treeConcat :: Tree a -> Tree a -> Tree atreeConcat xs ys = Branch xs ys

main :: IO ()
main = print $ treeConcat (Leaf 1) (Leaf 2)

But perhaps you want a certain ordering? Have a look at:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/AvlTree/4.2/doc/html/Data-Tree-AVL.html#44

--
Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl