Warren Harris wrote:
I am seeking suggestions from the haskell cafe for teaching functional programming concepts to colleagues at work.
I'd suggest starting with a couple of hours of "Why Haskell" talk to sell them on the concepts, followed by something like the the study group you mentioned for anyone who wants to pursue it.

If you can get them to spare the time then the video of the SPJ talk from last year might be a good starting point. Failing that, try presenting them with some case studies of "here is where Haskell (saves effort) / (improves modularity)" in the kind of environment where you work. Explain how monads are a "reprogrammable semicolon" and show an application of that. No need to go into "bind" operators, just show what the code looks like before and after monads.

Paul.