There's a JavaScript binding to Java, and there's a Java binding to Erlang, so nothing's stopping you from using JavaScript nodes in a distributed fashion -- if you have a weird obsession with proving that JavaScript is well-suited for every task.

But really, what's the point? FFI code is fragile, often uncompilable and unsupported, and doesn't observe the idioms of Haskell nor take advantage of its powerful language features. Rather than coding through FFI, a messaging application is better off written in 100% Erlang, because the libraries are native there and so confer all the benefits unique to native libraries.

You can indeed fit a square peg in a round hole, if you pound hard enough. That doesn't mean it's a good thing to do.

Here's hoping someone develops a native messaging framework for Haskell, which is the equal of RabbitMQ.

Regards,

John