John Goerzen wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:46:36PM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
I'm speaking about servers, not clients.

Personally, I only know http://hpaste.org/, based on
Server: HAppS/0.8.4

Take a look at Hackage.  There are quite a few other Haskell web
frameworks as well: everything from the low-level FastCGI to
higher-level HSP and WASH.

FastCGI is not a HTTP server. WASH seems so include one, but the latest version ("Wash and go") seems to be from mid-2007 ("tested with GHC 6.6" as the web page states), unless of course I'm looking at the wrong page. That doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

Now, if you're talking about using, say, Apache + FastCGI then you'll probably have something pretty robust, but I don't think that counts as a "Haskell server".

Generally my experience has been that most of the Haskell server stuff hasn't been very mature.

And about HAppS, I'm not an Haskell expert, but reading the source I see that static files are server (in the HTTP server) using Data.ByteString.Lazy's hGetContents

Is this ok?

In what respect?  The fact that something uses
ByteString.Lazy.hGetContents doesn't imply a problem to me.  It's a
useful function.  It can be used properly, or not, just as while or
read() in C can be.

It's a great way to introduce unavoidable handle leaks, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Bardur Arantsson