On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Jonathan Cast wrote:

To show that there's nothing wrong with concat per se, try this version instead:

 ghc +RTS -M16m -c30 -RTS -e 'print $ concat $ repeat "bla"'

This should print forever without any problems.

You are right, this works. My example was extracted from a larger module. But in that module I defined the text to be printed as top-level variable which might have been the problem. But this can't be the problem of the compiled version of the program, where I encountered the leak. So I have to keep on searching that leak.