On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Louis Wasserman wrote:

I just posted stateful-mtl and pqueue-mtl 1.0.2, making use of the new approach
single-threaded ST wrapping.  I discovered while making the modifications to
both packages that
the MonadSTTrans type class was unnecessary, enabling a cleaner integration
with mtl proper.  I'm
pretty confident that this approach is airtight, but let me know if you
encounter contradictions
or problems.

Btw. there is now also the "transformers" package. It's Haskell 98, however this is certainly not an issue for you, since higher-rank-types as in runST are not Haskell 98 anyway.