Maybe because one Haskeller generally tries to help another one. That's what what it means to be a community, no?

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration

http://www.n-brain.net    |    877-376-2724 x 101

On Feb 21, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Jonathan Cast wrote:

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 07:25 -0700, John A. De Goes wrote:
I think the (valid) concern is that too many people are choosing
platform-specific packages when there are alternatives available
(albeit not as convenient in some cases), and this really hurts the
Windows community because Windows is so radically different from all
the other operating systems.

Not showing platform-specific packages by default *might* make package
writers more likely to develop cross-platform packages. We've heard
many times someone say, "I don't know if it works on Windows, never
really thought of that."

Um, why *should* I think of that?

jcc