Hi Martin,

> Only to avoid misunderstandings, you only use the ghc-api to get the AST
> of a CoreModule which you translate into your own data structure (VHDL).
That's correct.

> At this point, you don't use type information, right?
I use some typing information, but that's mostly hidden away. In particular,
when creating Signals using genSignalId I annotate them with the type of the
expression the signal models. Later on, I translate this type to a VHDL type.

To get at the type of an expression, I use the CoreUtils.exprType function,
which gives you the type of any CoreExpr.

Gr.

Matthijs