On 19 mrt 2009, at 11:39, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 18. März 2009 13:31 schrieben Sie:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 04:36, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 18. März 2009 10:03 schrieb Benjamin L.Russell:
Just go through the list, choose your top favorite, and assign rank 1
to it;

Is rank 1 the best or the worst?

The condorcet info page makes it clear that higher is better.

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/rp.html

So assigning rank 1 to my favorite, as Benjamin suggested, might not be the
best idea. :-(  I hope, everyone who voted did it the right way.

Rank 1 is the best.  A 'higher' rank doesn't mean a 'higher' number.

Also see this poll http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/ vote.pl?id=E_5820adef7d6e8733&akey=51398305f80ae2cb

--
Regards,

Eelco Lempsink