I've had issues with ghci and opengl... I usually have to compile my programs before they will run. I'm not sure why that's the case, but I too get strange window behavior (sometimes it freezes, other times it doesn't even show up).

If you're on a Mac and would like help compiling to a .app folder, let me know and I can post how I did that.

Regards,
Duane Johnson
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/