Matthijs,

thanks for the reports, and analyses and suggested patches are even
better! We should probably take this offlist at some point, though.

I've found two more little bugs. The first is that version comparison is
incorrect. It now requires that all components are greater, so comparing
6.10.1 >= 6.8.2 returns false (since 1 < 2).

quite right! will fix.

Also, there is a "ghc-pkg field * haddock-html" call, but here the * will be
expanded by the shell into the files in the current directory. To prevent
this, the * should be escaped.

there is a comment in there suggesting that escaping was the wrong thing
to do on some configurations/platforms (obviously, the current code works
on my platform, so I depend on reports from users on other platforms), but I can't recall what the issue was at the moment. Will have to check,
and implement a platform-specific solution, if necessary.

I'm also looking at the Qualify() function, which allows you to select a
qualification using tab completion. However, when there is only a single
choice, its a bit silly to have to use tabcompletion. At the very least, the
value should be prefilled, but ideally the qualification should just happen.

Yes, that has been requested before, at least as an option (see the file
haskellmode-files.txt for other open issues and change log). But it should
be done consistently for all menus (all functions, and both GUI and
terminal mode).

Also, I think that a dropdown menu is also available in text mode vim (at
least with vim7), which would be nice for multiple choices (since you can see all choices in one glance).

There is a note on using :emenu instead of the old home-brewn
haskellmode-files.txt menu code. I would generally want to clean up the script code (some of which is very old), and factor out the handling of menus into a single place before making these changes.

I'll have a look at these things as well, expect another patch :-)

Looking forward to it!-)
Claus