On 18 May 2009, at 20:29, Joe Fredette wrote:

While an incredibly small font is a clever option, a more serious suggestion may be as follows.

3-4 slides imply 3-4 topics, so the question is what are the 3-4 biggest topics in haskell? I would think they would be:

* Purity/Referential Transparency
* Lazy Evaluation
* Strong Typing + Type Classes
* Monads

I'd say monads are not of that importance; parametric polymorphism may be a better choice.

Assuming you have, say, 10-15 minutes for the talk, and the people there are versed with imperative programming and maybe have some experience in functional programming, you can probably jump over each of those slides in about a minute, just enough to touch the subject.

I also assume that you don't need to fit the whole presentation in 3-4 slides, if you do, then .... yah.

/Joe

David Leimbach wrote:
Use an incredibly small font.