On Mon, 18 May 2009, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:

Excerpts from Jason Dusek's message of Sun May 17 15:45:25 +0200 2009:
  From the documentation:

 "  LI could be a strict monad and a strict applicative functor.
    However it is not a lazy monad nor a lazy applicative
    functor as required Haskell. Hopefully it is a lazy
    (pointed) functor at least.

The type I would need for bind is this one:

 (>>=) :: NFData sa => LI sa -> (sa -> LI b) -> LI b

And because of the NFData constraint this type bind is less general than the
required one.

Looks very similar to the operator I need for binding with respect to asynchronous exceptions:

bind :: (Monoid a, Monad m) =>
   ExceptionalT e m a -> (a -> ExceptionalT e m b) -> ExceptionalT e m b