Andrew Coppin wrote:
Alrighty then, so how I just do Setup configure, and now Setup sdist, and then I can upload the result to Ha-- oh, don't be silly. That would simply be too easy. ;-)

E:\Haskell\AOC-HalfInteger>runhaskell Setup sdist
Building source dist for AOC-HalfInteger-1.0...
Preprocessing library AOC-HalfInteger-1.0...
Setup: tar is required but it could not be found.

Time to go search the web and find out what the other 50 people who stumbled into this did... *sigh*

Ah. Apparently it's "fixed":

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/40

Except that it isn't fixed. Yay for me...

It seems that GHC provides ar but not tar. Looks like I might actually have to copy the entire directory tree to a Linux box just so I can run sdist... Nice to know this stuff is so easy. :-/