Sure, but it doesn't mean that because someone uses an imperative way of
counting, that it means people's brains work imperatively all the way.
People tend to talk and communicate a lot in a declarative way no? For
example ask someone that doesn't know programming how he we would make a
paddleball game. I have no idea what that person would say, but I think it
would something like: "I tell the computer that the paddle should move along
with the mouse; and when the ball bounces against the paddle, the ball
reverses direction; if the paddle misses the ball, it's game over". I don't
think anybody would say: "each frame, the ball's position moves by a tiny
timestep; when the mouse is sampled, copy the mouse position to the paddle;
etc..."