I censored it because I intend the HWN to be a PG rated article. I figure -- while I am not under any delusion that kids these days have mouths fouler than mine, which is a feat for sure -- that some young programmer with strict speaking morals may stumble upon the HWN and say,

"Hey self! This is a fantastically written weekly newsletter concerning recent developments in this community, and did I mention how wonderfully
 written it is?"

I should want said programmer to not feel any offense that can be easily avoided by a single * here or !...@#$ there.

Generally I'm opposed to censorship -- but that generally entails an authority censoring against the will of the author, I think that in this case -- as I am the author/editor (not of the post proper, but rather the conduit to the post) -- that censorship-self-inflicted doesn't really count.

I guess my view is that such a paper with an unintentionally foul- mouthed name -- like Brainf*ck -- ought not be the reason for which your paper is rejected from a journal or other publication source, but rather it should be understood that it might be mildly censored (as I did) if it is publish, in accordance with the intended audience of the publication source.

/Joe