Tom Tobin wrote:
----- Heinrich Apfelmus <apfel...@quantentunnel.de> wrote:
Since the name  Ring  is already taken by an ubiquitous mathematical
structure, and thus already in hackage for example as  Algebra.Ring  in
the  numeric-prelude , I suggest to call the data structure  Necklace
instead.

Is Necklace a known name for this data structure?  If not Ring, I was
thinking Circular might be an appropriate name.

I'm not sure if there's a canonical name, except perhaps "circular queue". Necklace is cute, though Circular or CircleQueue might be better. I'd also advise strongly against using Ring in order to avoid confusing nomenclature. (Loop should be avoided for similar reasons.)

--
Live well,
~wren