On Jan 13, 2010, at 05:54 , David Virebayre wrote:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Evan Laforge <qdun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Occasionally I have a function with an unused argument, whose type I
don't want to restrict.  Thus:

f :: _unused -> A -> B
f _ a = b

I probably misunderstood the problem, why not f:: a -> A -> B

He's looking for the self-documentation aspect of "this argument is completely irrelevant". Neither rolling a random unused type variable nor "forall"ing it (my first idea) really accomplishes that.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu