'FindBin' is also useful.
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/FindBin

While System.Directory is quite useful, it doesn't contain a function to obtain the directory in which the running program lives. You can get the current
(working) directory (e.g. unix's 'getpwd'), and you can try to find an
executable by searching the $PATH, but you can't find the program you
are currently running.

--ts