On Mar 17, 2010, at 06:08 , Vincent Hanquez wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 08:18:50AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
Vincent Hanquez wrote:
I was looking for a way to generate 32 bits haskell binary on a 64 bits linux.

Once absolutely reliable and foolproof way of doing this is to run a
32 bit chroot within your 64 bit system and then then install the 32
bit vesion of GHC in the chroot.

That's what i do on a personal system, but we're looking for a way that doesn't requires root priviledge/chroot to integrate into an openembedded (target is i386) type build.

Follow the directions for Haskell on Snow Leopard; the 64-bit version doesn't work there yet, so the install instructions force it into 32- bit mode. (This involves putting -m32 options in strategic places, so it should work on any Intel platform.)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu