Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
I've been thinking of doing something similar for a year or so now, but
there's one big problem that I can think of: how to deal with functions
that don't have an explicit type signature in the source.  My
understanding is that to derive these signatures at "checking time"
would require using something like the GHC API, which immediately
reduces the "niceness" and portability of such a tool/library.

As a simple approximation, you could consider functions without type signatures to have changed if their implementation or any function they depend on has changed.

Twan