Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
Why are people suddenly using the term "morally" when they mean "why
doesn't this do what I think it should"?  None of its definitions seem
to match what you mean:

The usage on this thread seems a bit nonstandard, but I'm assuming it's based off the more general idiom of things being "morally equivalent"--- that is, things which *should* be equal because we mean for them to be (regardless of what a particular model (e.g., a programming language) says).

In other words, with the right set of beliefs (i.e., "moral" beliefs, or the "right" religion) they are indeed equal, but the world is violating those beliefs somehow. The implication being that the world (model, PL,...) should be changed, rather than the beliefs.

--
Live well,
~wren