On 05/08/2010 08:27 PM, Andy Lee wrote:
On 05/08/2010 03:38 AM, Magnus Therning wrote:
On 08/05/10 04:20, Andy Lee wrote:
Has anyone had problems getting Haskell Platform installed on Ubuntu
10.04?

I've got GHC 6.12.1 installed via apt-get, and I've downloaded/untarred
haskell-platform-2010.1.0.0.tar.gz. But when I run ./configure, it
fails fairly quickly, with an error 'cause it can't build the "hello
world" test program, complaining:

<command line>: unknown package: haskell98

Anyone else seen this? Am I missing something obvious?

What does 'ghc-pkg list|grep haskell' show?

/M

$ ghc-pkg list|grep haskell
haskell98-1.0.1.1
template-haskell-2.4.0.0
haskell-src-1.0.1.3
haskell98-1.0.1.1
template-haskell-2.4.0.1

So, after seeing the above, I figured out that I had a ~/.ghc directory, apparently left from a previous attempt at installing haskell-platform. After deleting it, I was able to get past the ./configure step. I then just had to figure out I needed to install libghc6-monadcatchio-mtl-{dev,prof} and everything went swimmingly.

Thanks for the clue!

--Andy