On 17/05/2010, at 05:17, Gregory Crosswhite wrote:

> As an aside, while there are advantages to writing numerical analysis
> routines in Haskell, it might be better strategy to instead link in something
> like LAPACK and provide nice wrappers to it in Haskell, since this way you
> can harness the work of the experts who have spent a lot of time perfecting
> their code rather than re-inventing the wheel.

I don't see think this is an either/or question. A good array library ought to
provide BLAS, Lapack, FFTW etc. bindings *and* allow writing high-performance
code in pure Haskell. I haven't implemented any of these bindings for vector
only because I'm still deciding what to do with multidimensional arrays.

Roman