Control.Concurrent provides the threadDelay function, which allows you to make the current thread sleep until T=now+X. However, I can't find any way of making the current thread sleep until T=X. In other words, I want to specify an absolute wakeup time, not a relative one.

What's even more frustrating is that, reading the source code, it appears that the internal RTS primitive *is* actually using an absolute time, but this isn't exposed anywhere that I can get at.

Is there any danger that this could be fixed at some point?

(I might also interject something about Data.Time, which seems to hardly let me do anything, but strictly that's a seperate topic...)