Ketil Malde wrote:
wren ng thornton <w...@freegeek.org> writes:

A bit more seriously: is there any listing anywhere of which extensions
Hugs supports?

Cabal has a partial listing embedded in its code, though I can't seem
to find a textual version at the moment. In general, Hugs has all the
features of GHC 6.6: FFI, CPP, MPTCs, FunDeps,
OverlappingInstances,... I'm forgetting off-hand whether it has
Rank2Types/RankNTypes, but I think so.

Indeed Rank2Types are supported.

Of course, since it's GHC6.6-era that means it doesn't support
LANGUAGE pragma to enable these features.

I'm not entirely up to speed on Hugs nor Haskell 2010, but it seems that
it's fairly close to compliance?

Well here's the list of accepted proposals for 2010:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/query?state=accepted&milestone=Haskell+2010

So far these ones are already implemented:

    HierarchicalModules
    FixityResolution
    ForeignFunctionInterface
    RelaxedDependencyAnalysis

Which leaves the following (seemingly simple) syntactic changes:

    DoAndIfThenElse
    LineCommentSyntax
    NoNPlusKPatterns

And the following more significant changes:

    EmptyDataDeclarations
    PatternGuards
    LanguagePragma

How significant these last three actually are would depend on the code base. They shouldn't be too difficult I wouldn't think, but then I don't know much about Hugs' code nor what sorts of implementation details the extensions might run into.

--
Live well,
~wren